Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Law of Convenience

Everybody tries to always make others believe that your thoughts are facts and theirs is a perception. We will always have situations where people do not have the same thoughts about varied subjects and they will keep on arguing why what they believe is right and have a thousand examples to prove that.

I come to my favourite theory - the theory of LOC (Law of Convenience). We believe in what we find convenient to believe in. Convenience as a factor itself may change with time but till the time it stays constant, our thoughts remain constant. We do not change our opinion about things or people, we change the level of convenience with respect to them. LOC to me is the only universal law (and right now I find it convenient to write about it as thus I believe in it or vice-a-versa if that is what you think is right).

Can we scrap this whole convenience factor and redefine it in our lives? Far easier said than done; reason being that life is not as easy as we would want it to be. But it is not impossible...

Unless and until, you believe in re-birth and 'Karma', I think life is short and you need to go by what your heart says instead of your mind. I am not a very philosphical person but still believe that our lives and our satisfaction is all about how comfortable we are with ourselves on every single day of our lives. Living on our own terms is critical but may be not the only thing.

Last few days have been an eye opener because I had almost made myself believe in something that I honestly did not. I am back to square one and that is because my definition of convenience has changed yet again!!

2 comments:

Himalayas said...

And Law of convenience... The phrase itself implies that you see/get convenience in believing in something, hence you start believing in that and overlook the facts or truth.. But whatever you do, is not always you choose to do, for ‘convenience’. If you are not getting any sort of convenience in believing/accepting something, but still you support your thots it means, you are not choosing convenience, but you are believing in those harsh facts of life... Law of convenience comes the day you want to overlook those harsh realities and choose a convenient 'ignorant' life which ofcourse if easier n less painful..

Again, sometimes (if not always) life without 'convenience factor' will be very difficult to live..

Suhel Bidani said...

@Himalayas - Agree to what you say but I never said that one should not lead a life of convenience. On the contrary, we should always lead a life following our own 'Law of convenience' but how about changing the very definition of convenience itself?