Wednesday, February 24, 2010

God also could not have done it!!


While cricket is almost a religion for most of the Indians and 'Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar' their God; I was thinking if there was anything that God himself/herself could not do that a Sachin can.

Sachin has bounced back every single time his critics have questioned his decision to continue to play after 20 years of international cricket; similarly, God has through numerous actions shown the atheists in this world (arguably though) that there is a supernatural power that can create and/or destroy anything and irrespective of the advancement this world may have achieved, it still cannot defeat this power.

God has acceptance across the globe (in different forms and with different names) and so does Mr. Tendulkar who is a well recognised personality in any part of the world.

But I did find that one thing that even God could not have done it!! Unlike God, Sachin has outdone himself so many times that I have to admit (finally) that he is probably the best ever to have played the game of cricket. Trust me this is not an emotional statement coming because of what he achieved today; he has had probably bigger moments in his lifetime but I never felt the same. What makes him so special is the fact that in spite of all the stardom, there has not been even a single moment of arrogance from the man and to top it all, I believe he is one of those people, who truly are good at heart.

I salute the guy and the spirit of being 'Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar'!!

PS - This blog is also a dedication to the biggest Sachin fan I have ever met; I rest my case now :-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Suhel.It took more than one and half years to convince you:-)

Traveller said...

Well described article Suhel!Can't resist penning down a few thoughts as my salutations - Passion is synonymous with the little master! He is also a symbol of unity for whole of India and the world too. He plays the game with the attitude of "there are miles and miles to go before I sleep". Good on ya Sachoo!

jayanth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jayanth said...

Very nice article sir....Sachin is a ultimate master-blaster batsman and the face of Indian cricket. What a player! He is one of the very few people in this world to join a national cricket team at a very young age. He played his 1st national match at the age of 15 , something which we at that age could not even dream about. But undoubtedly, he deserves to be in a much greater position in cricket than his present status.

I still remember his splendid batting skills, way back in World Cup’ in 2003, where each and every match assured him atleast a 50 or 100 runs. Every 4 or 6 smacked felt like a slap on the opponent’s face.

Over the years, Sachin’s performance has been improving day by day. one must accept that the position in which he is today is not easy or to be taken for granted. Very few players in this world could be compared to him, since the time he entered this profession.

We must all feel lucky for the fact that our country has generated such an ace professional, who would make the country feel proud over a period of time.