Wednesday, September 8, 2010

30th October 2011


It could be one of the most important dates in the history of Formula 1 and surely for India with the first ever Indian Grand Prix scheduled to take place (subject to inspection; which I am sure Dr. Vijay Mallya would manage considering he got into F1 for this particular day!!). This could be an important milestone for Formula 1 as they could potentially add millions of new fans and make one of the most expensive sports in the world far more attractive for the corporate sponsors to jump in.

The 2011 calendar would now have 20 races and the most important thing is that the Indian Grand Prix will be 3rd last in the calendar – making it a very important one from a pure championship standing perspective.

It would also be an ideal time with the winter season just about to set in and with Diwali (India’s biggest festival) on the 26th of October, the festivities would continue to the race weekend – don’t think anybody could have asked for more? Not so right – the icing on the cake would be to see an Indian driver in the Kingfisher team opening the champagne bottle at the end of the race (it is definitely possible)!!

Am I excited and will I be there? - Oh YES :-)

1 comment:

Divij Chandwani said...

The only Indian driver I could possibly see joining the Kingfisher team would be Karun Chandhok. Are you sure this is possible??

PS: Are Alonso, Vettel, Webber and Hamilton taking a break next season? ;)